How our children view our fathers in their stages of development

During the stages of human development, our children see fathers the following ways:

  • 4 years:    My daddy can do just anything.
  • 7 years:    My dad knows a lot of things, a whole lot of things.
  • 8 years:    My father doesn't know quiet about everything.
  • 12 years:   Oh, well, it's just but natural Father doesn't know that, either.
  • 14 years:   Father? He's hopelessly old fashioned.
  • 21 years:   Oh, that man is really out-of-date.  What else did you expect?
  • 25 years:   He knows just a little bit about it, but really not much.
  • 30 years:   Maybe it's time we ought to find out what Dad thinks.
  • 35 years:   Just a little more patience.  Let's get Dad's assessment before we do just about anything.
  • 50 years:   I was wondering what dad would have thought about that.  He was really pretty smart.
  • 60 years:   My dad knew absolutely everything!
  • 65 years:   I'd give anything if Dad were here so that I could talk this matter over with him.  I really miss my old man.
Perception about our fathers during the stages of human development really varies in so many different ways!